How do i enable photo security on my pics so no one can save them?

Photo security disables "right-clicking" on images to save them.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Do you mean in general or here at CM? CM has a privacy setting for your pics. Other websites do to..but they can be gotten around if you are computer savy. Best bet..don't post anything you don't want others to have or see.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There is no way to truly secure your images aside from not letting anyone see them. Anyone can save any image they can view on their computer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• LOL Everyone is better off if you just don't post them.
    TinaGhoulina

Answer by TinaGhoulina at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What I do is just make my photos visible to people I personally know. That way i know they have already seen these pics and my children and have no need to steal them.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• In the public areas of CM and widgets CM has disabled the right click save on photos. They have this in place in CM owned groups. Whether this disabled in other groups in up to the group owners so it will probably not be. CM is doing the most they can to prevent pics from being reposted but that is scanty protection as there are any number of simple ways to get around it that can't be guarded against.

If you are truly worried don't post this is the internet afterall.

There are privacy settings on the photo widgets (set to friends only) or who is allowed to see your profile (set to friends only). If you are worried about your friends then set your photo albums to 'just me' this will supersede your widget and profile setting for those photos.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree if you don't ant them to be seen don't post them, that's what
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• ooops I had to do w/ my Gr-DD for a while due to her Bio Dad.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010