who drives better ?

men or women? i live in saudi arabia and women are not allowed to drive. i get to see how lousy the men drivers are. It really debunks what they say in america that men are better drivers. i hate going out any where in the car even a five minute drive can turn into a nightmarish ride.

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 4:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends. I don't think anyone is better or worse. You just have idiots out there both men and women that shouldnt be driving.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think my Hubby drives better than I do. He drove in England before over here (US) for many years, a Big truck and rally cars, and regular cars, so he has a lot more experience than I do.... Although I do think I'm a pretty good driver...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• it really depends on the person and their experience not whether they are a man or woman. in the 'olden' days men got to drive more and at a younger age so they had more experience therefore were probably better drivers. my dad started driving trucks and tractors on the farm when he was like 9-10 so he has LOTS of experience and is the best driver i know, and he's not Super careful or anything he's just aware of everything around him and has done it for so long its second nature. my dh NEVER drives, he got his license at 16 but rarely rarely ever drove so i am truly the better driver in our household. he doesn't like to drive either, well especially now that we have a minivan :P lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• OMG. In South florida, it's a toss up between the drunk tourisst or the Miami housewives with baby hummer, but cant ride a tricycle.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I dont' think driving is a man vs woman thing!!! I know good and bad drivers of both sexes. It's more about depth perception, reaction times and paying attention. (on a side note I have to say I could NOT live some place where I couldn't do something just b/c I was a woman... I wish you luck, but that's barbaric!!)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• morgain.. i actually welcome it and dont' think it's barbaric.. (cruel or uncivilized)..living here.. these few short months..i've come to appreciate the law. LOL.. but that's just me. NO one can pay me to be a driver here.. but that doesn't say much cause i really wasn't a driver in america. perhaps i would think differently if i was. when it comes to driving women are very pampered..either being driven around town by family or a driver.. some in america would give an arm and a leg to get chauferred around.. in american people pay out the gazzoo.... for cheaufers.
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010