Changing diet while pregnant? Weightloss?

So, I'll be honest.
I don't have the healthiest diet. AT ALL.
Anything fried, and cheesy, is my best friend.
Pasta, cheese, chips, anything savory omg.
SODA is major. I'm addicted to it. (Seriously.)
So I find out, I'm 4 months pregnant.
I honestly had no clue I was that far along.
Obviously, I don't want to continue eating like this. My other two pregnancies I didn't change what I ate really, eventhough I know I should have.
My question is, I know you need to gain a small, healthy amount of weight during pregnancy.
But if I switch to eating healthy, and cut out the fatty foods and soda, wouldn't I lose weight?

SimplyMadness

Asked by SimplyMadness at 4:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's what happened to me! I didn't mean to, once I was pregnant I started to HATE anything greasy or really bad for you. So it kind of worked for me. I only ended up losing 3 pounds and I'm about 7 months pregnant now and have only gained 7 pounds total!! Crazy, since I gained 65 when I was pregnant with my son. I'm not doing it on purpose, but I can't stand eating unhealthy anymore :/ The doctor isn't concerned. Baby's growing just fine. (Started out slightly overweight, not by much) Plus, it's probably BETTER for the baby that I started eating better!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• That's what I did and I lost weight. My doctor was not concerned at all since I was more over weight at that time.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• it's not about weight gain, it's about the child growing. so if you're losing body fat, but the baby is growing healthy, that's what's important
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm 13 weeks along and lost 13 pounds so far. As long as myself and the baby are healthy then I'm not going to worry about it.

And no I'm not trying to loose weight, it's just happening with the way I'm eating and what all. I seem to only be wanting healthier foods during this pregnancy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm glad you askeds this question. I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and I'm overweight. I was wondering though if I started to diet would it be bad for the baby.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well, I wasn't talking about purposely losing weight, just changing my eating habits to not include junk food.
    :]
    SimplyMadness

Comment by SimplyMadness (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• reighndrops - please do not diet until after the baby's born!!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• when i was preg i lost almost 20 pounds! i didnt start gaining weight til i was about 3 1/2 months preg. i did not diet, and i did not want to loose wieght!!! it jus happened, i did eat healthy, however i also ate a normal amount of junk food! the doc wasnt worried cus the baby was healthy and growin a normal size! that is what is important! i ended up gainin 55 pounds from the amount that i wieghed at 3 1/2 months, gainin 35 pounds from what i wieghed when i got preg til the time that i had my lil girl! so eat healthy, that is important! and if you loose wieght it is alright as long as the baby is healthy! your dr will let ya know if you have any probs!
    paigeebugsmommy

Answer by paigeebugsmommy at 12:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010