anybody ever have a relationship with a man in a wheel chair? adult content

Hi. I was wondering if any of you have been in a serious relationship or married to someone who is wheelchair dependant? If so has it been since there birth? I am in a relationship with a man who has been ina wheel chair his entire life, but has made a nice life for himself, has a great job and can drive etc, we are getting more and more serious, the fact he is in a chair doesnt bother me in the least, espicay being as iv been a CNA for years, but i was wondering what is your day to day life like and are you happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My cousin married a man who is a quadriplegic. He was in the chair when they met, fell in love, and married. She (and he) are quite happy.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I havent, but i dont see why it would make a diff. As long as he treats you well and you love him! good luck!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i personally have not been in a relationship with a person in that situation but i had a close friend that was. at first things had been great between them two but then as time went on she felt more and more like she was more of a care giver than and champanion/ lover. of course his situation was a bit different he had been in a terrible car accident that left him paralyzed and had been that way for close to 15 20 years before she met him. they broke apart after a while but it was more because of jealousy and growing apart.
    i say if he makes you happy then go for it. but make sure that you are comfortable with the situation.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I HAD A CRUSH ON ONE AND I DIDNT CARE WE GOT AS FAR AS A HUGS ONLY OH AND KISS ON THE CHEEK LOL !!! AHHH HE WAS A CUTEE
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no i havent and i wouldnt unless of course something happened to my dh to put him there, but to go for a guy who was already in a wheel chair, absolutely not i couldnt deal with it. but good for you though, if he makes you happy then go for it...i hope for the best for you both =)
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no but my friend in one and he's relationship is fine...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010