Do you allow your man to.......

Do you allow your man to go out once a week with his friends and get a little drunk while you stay at home pregnant?

I don't mind that he goes out and has a few drinks but coming home drunk where you can barely get in the shower by yourself?

this seems so wrong
am I being rediculous?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 4:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• If my husband wanted to I wouldn't mind but I've asked him not to get smashed . I hate when he gets so drunk to the point where he's throwing up and can barely walk.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't "allow" my man to do anything!! He's a grown man and I am NOT his mother!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no, that is nonsence....i would not stand for it! my DH doesent drink that much and when he does were at home! Do u get to got out once a week with your freinds when you not pregnant and have fun???
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no..i would be pissed if my husband left me home by myself to go out and drink once a week...my husband never really left my side when i was pregnant
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My husband does not drink, and he doesn't go out with his friends either. I think you have chosen a man who is not yet ready to commit to wife and family and who still wants to live the carefree single life. It's not a question of what you or I allow. It's a question of the kind of man in question. You want a man like the one to whom I am married, and you are neither wrong nor ridiculous to desire to have such a man. It's just that you have a chosen another kind, and you simply don't have the power to change him into what you would like him to be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no i dont think you are because your not the only one thats pregnant he is to. its his child also he should want to be home with you.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No I do not this is how it starts I would some how put a stop to it... as time goes by it does get worse he is going to think it is ok to go out with or without kids pregnant or not. GL I use to think there was no harm it was all fun and innocent but it does take it's toll.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my dh doesn't drink, but he does go to his cousin's house once a week to hang-out and get high, it never gets to the point where he can't function though, infact he usually comes home and cooks us dinner! :P I think you need to have a talk with your dh and point out that its ok to go out with friends and have a good time but he's gonna be a dad soon and he needs to stop getting so wasted he can't come home and take care of you and the baby. what if you were to go into labor and he was out getting drunk? :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• NannyB so a man that wants to have friends isn't ready to be committed? That is idiotic. It's like saying SAHMs should be allowed to get out once in a while, maybe they arent ready to be a mother, right? Both men and women should have the chance to go out every now and then with friends and have time to themselves
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• *shouldnt
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010