Hmm im curious....

For these women that say they let their husbands go out to bars when they feel like, and leave you at home for hours.

Do you got the same privilege? Or do they just get to do it?

I ask because my sil's husband does this to her, she isent allowed bc she is a woman.....

IMO Going to bars alone is for the single people, you dont know what will happen when your waisted......

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i agree with you. but at the same time, i wish me and my SO could trust eachother enough that we could let the other go out alone and not worry. we have a few times, especially because when we go out together, we tend to fight because he gets really jealous if i talk to another guy. i used to get jealous over him talking to other girls but i dont anymore.
    this has been an issue with me and my SO. nobody wants us to be around together because he will cause a big scene and fight with me, and my child is more important to me then anything, partying is not a priority in my life anymore, but im only 23, and i still have friends, and im not ready to never go out and have drinks with my friends so i dont know whats gonna happen yet. i know im going to a wedding on saturday alone, because he got uninvited because of the fight he caused with me at there bachelor/bachelerotte party.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If he goes, she should go. But I don' t think this is a recipe for a healthy relationship.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Both should be allowed to go or neither one of them. I see clubs are for single people but bars is for everyone. I would rather have my hubby go drinking on the bar at the base or at a buddys house rather then a bar.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• when we go out we go together...we have tried the going out alone thing and nothing good ever comes out of that so when we do we go together..
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my husband goes to the bar when he wants and i dont care but of course not he doesnt so much because of the no smoking law that was put in place recently and now he just buys off sales and comes home. but no it doesnt just extend to him i am more than able to go myself if i wanted. altho im not much of a drinker if we have a babysitter i will go with my husband. and no im not worried the least bit about what he is doing because for one i trust my husband and two i know my husband only is talking to someone about motors or listening to old men and their logging stories. there have been a few times women have hit on him and when he gets home he tells me about it and we have a good laugh.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My husband and I are past the "clubbing or bar hopping" stage. Once every 4-6 weeks he plays poker with his brother and some of the neighborhood guys at one of their homes. The extent of my going out is to the mall or movies with a friend or two!

But even in my younger days when I was in a relationship I never asked "permission" I just said "I'm going out, bye..." LOL:o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no we both hate clubs and bars. sometimes we go play pool together but that's about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• bars and clubs are basicly the same thing really, everyone is uslually drunk....
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't care if my husband goes out with his friends once in a while and if they go to a bar, who cares. He wouldn't care if I did, but I don't like clubs/bars so I don't go. I can completely trust my husband so there is nothing to worry about.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• we both are "allowed" but rarely do... it is mostly for work networking... we both can be trusted - drunk or not.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010