Have you ever been called a racist?

I have been called racist because I expressed my thoughts and my experiences. I have been told that racism doesn't exist , so therefore, I shouldn't talk about it . Do you agree?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've been called racist even though I'm not. I've been a victim of reverse racism, and it's not fair. However, there's only so much you can do to prove that you aren't. As long as you know who you are inside, that's all that really matters.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• nope never, Every one is equal in my eyes i dont see color when i look at people and judge, my eyes are blind when it comes to race..
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yesterday my neighbor called us racist because dh yelled at him to turn his music down. apparently being tired makes you racist...
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• In real life? No. Here for expressing distaste for assorted Obama policies? Multiple times.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I've been called it even though I'm not one. My dad called me it the other day just because I said I think all illegals should either become legalized or go back to their own country. I have nothing against other races I just think if they want to come into this country it should be legal. Same as if I went to live in France or Italy or Mexico I should become a legal citizen instead of live there illegally.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yep, but not to my face. It totally makes me frustrated when I know of a black family where all they do is say all white people are racist. They want everything handed to them because way back when their relatives were slaves. They aren't even sure about if they were but since they are black they deserve everything free. It is so sad. They are lazy and are teaching their kids to take anything they can get instead of how to be proud of their black heritage, stand up on their own two feet, be strong and persevere. I am native american and I could go off on them about my ancestors but whats the point? Today is today and it is time to move on. People think differently now. I want my kids to be self sufficient, have drive to succeed and not rely on the government for handouts. Just sayin...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was recently called into my boss's office and was accused of making racial statements with a hand full of others. I was on vacation on the week in question. It hurt to have my boss accuse me of this. I had to let it go b/c this is my job. But, I will never forget it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No one wants to be called racist. It tends to put authority and power into someone's hands. People tend to back off from the conversation and feel intimidated and angry when that subject comes up. Its kind of like the underhanded card that is played to trump a discussion when it isn't going their way. I dislike it and find it a cowardly way of ending it to take the power away from the other person. I think this country needs to move on from the ways of the past, learn from mistakes that have been made and make a good life for yourself. Its in your own hands. Don't sit back and accept only what is given to you. Make something of yourself and teach your children to do the same. Its time!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'M SORRY TO BE THE BLUNT ONE... I AM BY NO MEANS A RACIST... I GET ALONG WITH ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE BUT I REALLY HATE IT WHEN AFRICAN AMERICAN PEOPLE PULL THE "YOUR RACIST" CARD FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COLOR...

THE JEWS STOPPED COMPLAINING ABOUT HITLER
    CERTAIN PEOPLE NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SLAVERY

I LOVE BODYBUILDING.... BUT I HATE THAT ARNOLD IS THE GOVENER OF CALI SINCE HE WASNT BORN IN THE USA.

WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?

LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE....

CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS..... REGARDLESS OF THEIR COLOR

FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 5:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i have been called it many times and i have had people give me crape about my race i think we all just need to get along and in about 10 yers no one will be just one color we will have so many different mixes
    God bless
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010