If you have a birthday party for your kid on a different day than their birthday do you do anything for their actual day?

When ever we have out kids birthdays on a different day than their actual birthday we always have a home made cake or give them a small present on their actual day. Today we are having my daughters 1st birthday (2 weeks early) because my FIL is in town and we don't usually have family around for their birthdays. I mentioned to my hubby in front of him that we need to remember a cake for her birthday and he just looked at me funny when I explained that we have something small on their day. Don't think for a second that he doesnt agree because anything to do with his granddaughters is the best idea ever to him. But he told me he had never heard of anyone doing that before. Does anyone else do that?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 5:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• yep, we do a small cake and they pick the birthday dinner. I like to celebrate the day itself, it is a special day and deserves to be recognized. The party is for everyone else.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just usually their favorite meals
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• big breakfast favorite dinner(mac-n-cheese w/ hotdogs) and a small cake
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We go do something fun like the zoo or museum, have their favorite meal, usually a small cake, and they get to open 1 present.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree with luckysevenwow on this one...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We always have a little cake and 1 present on the actual day. The kids also get to pick the evening meal as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• In our house we gave our present to the kids on the actual day. So, at least, their present from us was on THE day. Their parties with relatives and friends were often on a different day, for convenience of those who had to travel, etc.. We sometimes had a second, smaller, cake too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, I make their favorite supper and take cupcakes to school for their class, if it lands on a school day....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Cupcakes n cousins come over n immediate family. Open all their gifts. Bday party r only for kids his age n don't include these same people so it's nice
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My son's bday party is this coming SAt - his bday the Thurs after. I go in to work late on Thurs and work late - I am taking him out to breakfast (and maybe icecream) :) before I go to work. And giving him 1 of the little things I got for him that day.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010