Im desperate here!!! Please help me!!! adult content

My daughter will be 2 next week. We can't even go out for lunch with my family without her throwing a nightmare of a fuckin fit. How the hell do I deal with this??? what I wanna do it smack the hell out of her to teach her a lesson. I really don't know how to deal with a kid like this. Im in tears almost any time we go anywhere. It's like Im a prisoner in my own damn house.!!! And what's worse, is when I get upset my husband and family look at me like IM the ONE doing wrongj!!! OMG I can't take it anymore!!! Is it normal to hate being around your kid at this age????

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 5:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• read the love and logic book. remain calm tho. that will help.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• LOL my daughter did this too. It was sooo embarrassing, I felt like a horrible mother. What ended up fixing it (besides her just growing up a little, she's 2 1/2 now) was consistency. I've had to spank her twice, not hard, and on her diaper, but enough to snap her out of it. For example, she wanted to go play in the playground at Chickfila, but she needed to eat first. She threw a total tantrum, flailing on the ground. I took her outside, spanked her, told her to say sorry and to say, "No more crying". Then as we were walking in I reminded her, "no more crying okay?" And she said okay. She did it one more time and we went through the same process. Then she was done. And ever since then, we do the exact same thing if it happens, and if she doesn't stop we go home. The last time was at my moms house, and when we left I asked her why we left. She said, "I crying".

A time out chair works well at home for the fits. S
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 5:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Stay consistent and she'll get the idea. Don't feel guilty about how you feel. Sometimes I just have to leave the house and drive and cry.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 5:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i try SO hard to stay calm...the more I talk to her and try to comfort her the more she screams and the worse she gets....Im really at a loss of what to do..
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Have you tried reinforcing her good behavior? Try going for a snack that doesn't take as long as a meal. If she does well, reward that. Then, go for another snack, but this time get the waitress to take a few minutes with the understanding that you might be canceling the order. If all goes well, reward, if not, discipline. You can do this will any behavior. Find a positive reinforcer, but change it frequently. Examine what you do when she "throws a fit" to make sure you aren't inadvertently enforcing the behavior. Keep your calm and be in charge. If you have to pick her up like a "sack of potatoes" and carry her out - do it. She will get the point. Remember, she is two. You can fix this.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• calliesmommie, i am right there with you!!! my dd will be 2 in december, and her tantrums are bad enough that she doesn't accompany us to any restaurant w/o a drive-thru, and she gets left home with dh when i go grocery shopping b/c she can't be trusted; i've been losing my mind!!
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well my son is bout to turn 2, n he does this. So at home wen he started throwin fits, i wld whoop him n put him in his room till he calmed down. Then go n try to talk to him, if he stayed calm i wld give him a hug n kiss n let him out the room. If he threw a fit again, i wld make him stay in his room longer. Wen we r in public, i tell him if he dnt stop im goin to "whoop" him. I basiclly taught him wat whoop him means. So now if he does somethin bad, i jus say im goin to whoop u n he stops.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 5:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Mrs.Ferri...that's what I wish I could do...the more I either comfort her or "put the fear in her"...the worse it gets....it's almost as if I hvae to ignore her and I hate that.
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i had a boyfriend who had a child who threw the craziest fits, i use to get so fustrated and would call him crying.. sooo we dicided to talk to a counselor.. she told me to walk away when this lil monster was in her fit throwing mood.. i tried it and i must say to my suprise it worked as soon as i walked out of the room ignoring her she stopped crying and thrashing around..
    If i were you i would maybe seek some counseling to find other ways on how to handle a lil one who is strong minded and full of spirit ;)...
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ''''i try SO hard to stay calm...the more I talk to her and try to comfort her the more she screams and the worse she gets....Im really at a loss of what to do.. """QUOTED
    Please don't waste your time and energy argueing and pleading with her. Watch I,2,3. It is a video on houw to count your children. Works great!

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010