please help me i dont know what to do

me and my husband have been non stop fighting for a while now i let alot of what he does go but sometimes i cant and i yell back and he blames it all on me...he is becoming very short tempered and is yelling like a mad man at my kids and me and i am getting very aggravated but i dont know what to do or tell him

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Leave until he gets counseling for anger. That will let him know that is NOT ok to act like that.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 5:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• That kind of yelling is not good for the kids. It's just as damaging as physical abuse.
    crystalhuskey

• ditto to PP....he needs to get help for this...sometimes counseling works, sometimes it doesn't . My DH and I have been together for almost 11 years and married for almost 6. Counseling didn't help us. total waste of money. IF someone doesn't want to change then they won't. Now we basically live like roomates and every now and then have a good day.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well when did it start? What happened right before? Lost a job? Someone in the family pass away? etc.

You need to address what started it in the first place. Try and talk to him, just keep your cool if he starts yelling and let him get it out of his system.

If you two can't resolve it....I hate to say this...but you may need to leave. Your children don't deserve to be yelled at and neither do you. That will impact you guys for many years to come if its not nipped in the bud.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• tell him you and the kids will be at your moms until he gets some therapy. there is no excuse for taking anger out on children.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i dont have anywhere to go that isnt 17 hours away and last time i did that it turned bad and i think thats why he acts like this
    jesslovesyou08

Comment by jesslovesyou08 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Leaving might be the best option... Or try marital counseling? GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oh honey, don't worry about a place to go. There are many shelters and people willing to help. You WILL find a way as long as you stick to your guns. Fear would be the only thing stopping you from betting you and your children.

BUT I do think you should talk to him first, talk not yell (both of you). If you two can resolve it without you leaving and be happy again, that's great too. Just don't doubt yourself, be strong for yourself and your children.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• bettering*
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Op what your husband is doing constitutes abuse. It will scar your kids. Y6ou need to remove your children from a dangerous situation. yes if you leave it could get ugly but if you stay he might take his anger just a bit farther.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010