My grandson has a little blood in his stool, the doctor says it is normal, but this morning it happened again, I have an app. at 11:40 so he can look at the stool and take a sample, my question is ...has this happened to any of your babies and is it and do I have concerns to worry ?

MonasMom777

Asked by MonasMom777 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This happened to my son. Of course, your case may be different. All it ended up being was a small tear caused by constipation/passing hard stool. Goodluck!
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 11:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Same as PP for us. We just started giving my daughter a little bit of juice to soften it up.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• This happened with my niece, it was because she was allergic to something in her formula. The doctor gave them some very special, expensive formula and she was totally fine.
    HisGirl4304

Answer by HisGirl4304 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My Nephew had this happen. It was a small viral infection, nothing serious. The doctocs were not that worried about it.
    PrincessAdika

Answer by PrincessAdika at 1:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Blood in stool has 2 main causes dairy and rips inside, small tears in the anus. If you are BFing cut out dairy from your diet and your should see a change in 2-3 weeks, if using formula switch to a non-dairy formula.
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/bloodystool.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008