Girl Scouts, for or against, why or why not?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 5:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was a scout too. However, I don't allow my granddaughter to be in Girl Scouts.. The organization is not the same as when I was a kid. The political agenda is in direct opposition to many of my beliefs. The fiasco at the UN meeting in March was the last straw.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• FOR. I was in Girl Scouts for 12 years. I learned many valuable skills and made some of the most wonderful memories!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i used to be in girl scouts and my mom was one of the troop leaders or whatever. it was fun.
    why would anybody be against it?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• for- why would anybody be against???
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• As much as we like Boy Scouts, I can't imagine not liking Girl Scouts. Scouts is a wonderful organization. My son will be an Eagle Scout soon. He has worked so hard and learned so much. We have worked with scouts for 17 years. He is my 3rd to go through. I will miss it when he is finished.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I loved Girl Scouts I was in there for years. I however never did put my daughters in there. But I am for it you learn a lot
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was a girl scout mom for years and every bone in my body screams out, "against"...Im just kidding though. It was a very good expierence for both dd and I. We went on camping trips, horseback riding, lots of stuff. I will never forget hitting the sidewalk with box's and box's of girl scout cookies to sell. Or standing at the grocery store for 4 hours trying to sell cookies. My dd wanted to stop at the middle school level, but she received the silver award for it. She was given certificates from congress members, the governer, the local mayor, the principle at school...that was pretty cool. We had many fun adventures together with the girl scouts and dd learned a lot and helped out in the community. I feel that gives the girls an awareness on duty to community and they learn life skills to take with them into adult hood
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If my daughter wants to do it, then why not. I dont see why anyone would be against it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was in Girl Scouts for 11 years. I am definitely for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I love the girls scouts. I myself made it to be a senior girl scout. It is another way to get your children out and doing something. I know without the girl scouts i would not have done nearly half the fun things I did as a kid. I can not wait until my dd is old enough to join.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010