If you have used a crib for life...

Are they a good choice for a newborn?

mommyofelise

Asked by mommyofelise at 5:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a BRAND new baby, I put in a bassinet next to my bed...it's just more comforting for me to know she's close and if she's hungry she's right there and doesn't need to cry for extended periods of time. Different when they are older.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Gailll - why do you post answers that don't answer the question posted. If you don't know what she means by a crib for life, then why bother wasting time with your answer? The question was not about mattresses or cosleeping. She asked about experience with a specific type of crib.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I used one with my son from day one and I didnt have any problems or issues. He liked it, still does and I liked having my own bed.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes....of course. As compared to what???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I didn't use a crib with my daughter until she got a little older. She spit up a lot and pedi recommended using a swing. So I slept in the living room with her for the first several months.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• well, I got one (used at the consignment shop) and I loved the whole idea of it... until the day my kids broke the darn thing! they snapped several rails and even totally busted the spring board thing off, like totally ripped the screws sideways out of the wood. There was no salvaging it.

I have heard complaints about them for a newborn though because it's doesn't have a drop side.

I didn't get mine until my DD was a year old so I have no experience with the newborn part.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Some SIDS expers say you are supposed to have a new crib mattress with each child even if they are your children. I've never owned a used a crib, I co-slept.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• IDK never used one my children were on my stomach or in there playpin. Theres no holes in the playpin they cant hurt themselves. And i would have used some kinda bassinet thing or a co-sleeper thing but i was tight on money didnt have a choice, but to use what i had. I think its just a matter of comfort. What do you feel comfortable for your baby to sleep in?
    afarmer

Answer by afarmer at 11:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• go into baby r us they have a great selection and very helpful with ur questions...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010