would you drive 3 hrs to meet a online guy friend? adult content

i been talkin to this guy almost a year now either online or by phone. we can talk for hours and know a lot about each other, including our moods, we ended up callin each other sometimes when we are stressed, pissed, hurt ect just to vent and help each other thru whatever it may be. i had thought that one of us by now would of lost interest, but we havent. well he told me today he will be at his parents house in october, which is a 3 hrs drive, and he said if i could find a way to get down there that he wants to meet me and said he wished he could stay longer than the weekend so he could actually come up to where i am at and hang with me. he rarely mentions sex in our convos, he was raised to respect women and he thinks lusting over women like most guys do is dis respectful. if i did go down it would be a short visit like an hr or so in public, with 3 kids and FT college i cant do more than that, and kids would b @ sitters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't, but your free to do what you want.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 5:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• nope.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• NOPE....
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Anyone can say anything to you over the internet, however if it's in public I don't see a problem with it. People meet online at dating websites all the time... GL and be safe!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree with queen.bee just because he don't really know him, you are going by what he says. And while he could be telling the truth and be a great guy there is also a possibility that he is a crazed psycho person.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 5:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my mom did and married the man
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope...haven't you ever seen Dateline?? you don't know who this guy is! And you have kids?? wouldn't risk it if I were you. He may have not lost interest yet, b/c he hasn't actually met you...never know what those "men" have up their sleeves.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ive met people off of the internet and they were never crazy murderers or anything. just make sure its in public, tell someone wear your going, and shit you could always bring alil pocket knife or pepper spray in ur purse.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He should meet you 1/2 way & DEFIITELY in public, like at a restaurant. And, make sure you tell some friends before you go. In case he kidnaps you...LOL, someone should know where you went & who you met with. That may seem totaly paranoid, but i would definitely do that just in case. Like everyone else said, what he tells you online may be totally different than how he really is. You just never know until you meet them.

People do this all the time though, i know friends who have married the guy they met online. Just be very careful!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes but I'd check the county court records in his town and in his parent's hometown to make sure he doesn't have a criminal record he didn't tell me about. I've gotten on a plane before and flown to meet guys I've met online but I do check them out first.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010