My one year old ONLY wants to eat veggies?

You read it right. He only wants to eat his veggies and I dont know how to get him to eat other foods. I can get him to eat some fruits too, but no meat or noodles or anything. Any ideas?

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 5:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's just a phase.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My dd did that. i ended up pureeing meat into her food.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 5:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just enjoy it , unless he is not growing or gaining weight.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Have you tried making a veggie casserole?

I'd try not offering him any veggies, just other things at first. When in doubt, call pedi. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My daughter is going to be 2 in a week and can't stand the taste of any meat....not even disgusting hot dogs...she really loves Morning star farms veggie sausage links. I would try mixing veggies with fruit. My dd has always loved veggies too. Her pedi said it's a good thing, b/c that's usually the last thing kids learn to like. Getting them to eat meat and fruit is usually no prob but veggies are....just keep offering it cut up. I would cut up little peices of spaghetti and maybe throw in some brocolli or peas. My dd loves Mac n cheese with Peas.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He wont eat casserole, nothing with sauce. Im concerned because he is naturally a small kid. He only weighs 18 lbs and is 27 inches tall. Hes 13 months old.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It's because of the texture. Babies always gravitate towards the softer stuff. You just have to keep working with him on textures.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My 11 year old was like that. It got better as he got older. Then he went to school and saw that kids really didn't eat their veggies. Now I fight him to do that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sit him up to the table with you and make a big deal about meats and other foods. Have you tried just letting him handle all his own food? That usually works too. I wouldn't worry though, veggies are a good thing.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He does feed himself. I dont feed him except to hand him a piece of something every now and then. He sits between my husband and I at the table so he sees us eat other foods.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010