i am running out of my prenatal pill's and i asked my ob if i can have more so he give me some sample's to see if i like it but

if i dont tell him and he will give me another one but i wanted to know if this will be bad for me if i keep switching pill's?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why don't you just go buy some at the store? They don't cost that much. You don't have to get prenatals from the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I never took the pills from the doctors. I took flintstones chewables and ate healthy-ish (....nobody's perfect!).

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• dont just take Flintstones... they lack some of the important nutrients and vitamins that you and your growing baby need. but you can just go and buy some from the store... and it wont hurt your baby to switch... they are pretty much the same.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I took OTC ones when I was pregnant, my OB reccomended them.
    mom2AJandDamien

Answer by mom2AJandDamien at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• SAme here
    Kristen_Chez

Answer by Kristen_Chez at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• it shouldnt cause any harm to the baby but i remember when i was prego certain ones made me sick so i stopped at the local walmart and got a big container of their brand. they work the same but they are less expensive.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• To BabyBugsmama, my Midwife told me that if I feel comfortable taking chewables then go for it. As I stated, I also ate as healthy as possible. My daughter is extremely intelligent and healthy. Prenatals are hard on the stomach and it is proven that less than half of the nutrients in a prenatal are even absorbed into the body.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• no, most prenatal vitamins are the same.. my doctor prescribed me ones with iron, after my delivery. He said to take them until my son stops breastfeeding.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008