Why would someone vote this down?

I was reading the allowance thread and every time someone mentioned that they did not give their kids an allowance it was voted down. Someone was even voted down when they said 10-15 dollars.
No one was nasty, they just stated in a polite manner what they believed.
Seriously?? I didn't realize it was a must to give your kids an allowance

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• its not..its probably just one person who disagreed and got 'vote-down' happy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I guess they figure not giving out an allowance is "mean" lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They must have voted down because they didn't agree with them- which is allowed.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i am not sure y they did that
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• its not really a must and i guess everyone just has different opinion. i know my little brother gets 10 dollars to buy his video games or what ever else he wants he also get bought alot of stuff for doing his chores i really dont see nothing wrong in it or anything wrong with them not getting it.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My kids don't get allowance because we have no money to give them, just as my kids don't have cellphones because we have no money to pay the bills for them. My teenage boys don't have driver's licenses because we cannot afford to pay for driving school, insurance and cars.... I am apparently the worst mom on the planet according to my kids and their friends, so I won't be offended if my comments get voted down.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i dont get an allowance but of course mine are 1 and 4 so i dont feel that they need one as of right now. and personally i dont belive in allowances if at anytime they want something or want a little money all they would have to do is ask. i never got one growing up and if i wanted a few bucks i just asked. so i would prolly get voted down too. but i personally dont care what someone thinks about my parenting style. so vote me down all you want.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I liked the way I heard it one a show once: "I allow you to wear the clothe I buy, I allow you to eat the food I provide, I allow you to sleep under my roof, I allow you to watch my t.v....etc.... Why the HELL would I give YOU an ALLOWANCE!"

Its harsh but its kind of true lol. I would reward extra chores and/or good behavior/grades but I would never just hand DD money.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I understand that it is 'allowed', but it's kinda mean.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't know. I just came from that post and saw the same thing. I posted that I don't give my six year old an allowance, so I'll probably get voted down too.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010