Starting a Pagan Group in Conservative Christian Small Town...

I am a Pagan, no specific branch. There is one other couple in my area which I know about, but I'm sure there are more, however it's not always safe to come out around here. I would like to start a "Group" - not a coven, just a group to meet & get to know one another, maybe a "study group" of sorts... I started a MeetUp group and a YahooGroup, in order to get things running, but don't really know where to go from here, how to organize or how to advertise. But quite frankly, I'm tired of being alone!

Advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/540045/tips_for_starting_a_pagan_study_group.html
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ah :-) What you're talking about is starting a Circle. Less formal than a coven, but no less effective. I wish I knew who you are. I would love to speak further with you on this topic.

Have you tried looking around on WitchVox.com and looking around for other people in your area? WitchVox is a goddess-send where it comes to trying to find others nearby of Pagan faith.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oh!! Also, check out Ellen Dugan's book "Natural Witchery". She has a section in there covering the topic of starting your own Circle or Coven and I found it to be AWESOME. She's one of my most favorite Pagan authors. :-)
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• PaganMommy - I've contacted ALL 3 of the local Pagans listed on WitchVox numerous times, none of them have ever taken the time to message me back... So I don't know if they just aren't interested or if they are simply to afraid that I could hurt them...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have found in a small town all you may really need is just one or two friends to study with. I started out with just one friend in a small town and it was great. I love the group I belong to now but the time I spent with my friend was priceless.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• is there any sort of metaphysical shop in the area? they might be able to provide some clues...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010