How Much You Wanna Bet?

That CM members have a total melt-down over this election? Seriously, can't we all just get along. The point of this great country of mine, is for you to have a SENSIBLE and INFORMED opinion - and make your selection after that. no matter who that candidate is.

FiveofaKind

Asked by FiveofaKind at 11:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll bet $7,982 that it will get ugly. What are my odds?
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 12:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I can't wait to see how cm looks the day after the election. No matter who wins, it's going to get ugly.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I remember the day when it was considered uncouth to blatantly advertise your choice of presidential candidate LET ALONE brag about it. At that time I never understood why it was considered taboo...

...now I know why.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The two things you are never supposed to talk about in polite company: Religion and Politics.

Arguments on CM come and go. As soon as we have a definitive result in the election, we will go back to arguing over who invented Christmas: the Pagans or the Christians.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• JMO.... but who ever wins is just a puppet doing what the house and senate say...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Imaginary: duh, it was Charlie Brown. :)
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 11:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• "The two things you are never supposed to talk about in polite company: Religion and Politics."

Actually, I do believe that politics, religion and money are considered taboo. Unfortunately, CafeMom has very limited amounts of "polite company".

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Politics are never taboo in my family. I have a very large and diverse family. Political debates are a hoot! But, religion and money are off limits. Period. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when my brand new in-laws asked me how much money I made. I stuttered "enough to survive" and they were mad because they thought they had the right to know!!
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think I'll take a serious vacation from CM for about a week after the election. By then most of the fervor might have died down and we can continue talking about more interesting things...like what we're doing for Thanksgiving and Christmas =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• good honk people, its refreshing to see this post...my time is more valuable than arguing with people over the internet about why their candidate or why their religion is wrong. (dont let the fact that im on CM at all tell you i dont have better things to do...i promise i do:) there is a difference between a friendly debate and spewing hatred. from what ive seen the spewing hatred is the winner. avasmommy, i so agree with you. now i know why...sigh...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008