Miscarriage question?

I had a miscarriage somewhere around Sept 22nd. I say "around" because I received my betas back and they were dropping. I've been bleeding since 9/25. I assumed it was the result of the m/c an possibly a period. I'm a little perplexed on this one. I've had 9 miscarriages including this one. They all ended about the same. However, I've never had bleeding lasting this long. I was almost 5 weeks.

Has anyone had this same problem? My Dr. gave me the "green light" to try again. A little confused because I'm still bleeding. Dr. won't be back to her office until next week...emergency leave.

Thanks!

crazypianochick

Asked by crazypianochick at 11:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Do they know why you are having so many miscarriages? If not i wouldnt be doing any more trying until they knew... you dont deserve to go through that all the time. as for the prolonged bleeding you should only bleed for up to two weeks. so right now... its been 12 days... if you bleed longer than 12 days go to the ER...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• 14 days sorry ^^^
    BabyBugsmama

• I've had extensive testing......I have a luteal phase defiency which unfortunately..they found out alittle too late. I suppose I didn't get progesterone quick enough. Another is a chromosonal defect. I go for more testing this next month. Doctor said go ahead and try again. After 9 miscarriage and no baby...we are just waiting for a blessing somehow.

Thanks!
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 11:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Can't offer too much advice, but I had seven miscarriages (from 5 weeks to 20 weeks) and now have a beautiful 9 month old daughter. Stay strong. I heard more than once when I kept losing my babies that if it is meant to be, it'll happen. Didn't mean too much to me at the time, but it is really true. I hope all the best for you.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Just curious....have you ever had your thyroid checked thourghly? T3 and T4. I found out that is why I kept miscarrying so often.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• When I lost my first one I had a dnc afterwards and the bleeding wasnt bad . But when I lost my second child I didnt have one afterwards and it lasted a whole lot longer
    bambigrand

Answer by bambigrand at 5:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008