gas or electric?

Which is better? I had gas but it sucked and when my DH remodeled our kitchen I asked him to put in an electric stove. Now I hear that gas is better to cook with. Did I just have a sucky oven? (It was pretty old) Or is it a personal preference?

Ashlynnsmommy07

Asked by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Electric stoves and ovens suck because the heating elements wear out/ don't wear evenly and the food doesn't cook evenly.

If your gad stove was bad it was probably your pans, not the stove. Cheap cookwear is foods mortal enemy (even though some people do alright with it).
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have electric but gas cooks better.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Gas is better to cook with.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• its personal preference i think. i have always cooked on electric except in one house we had and i had a harder time i felt with controling the temp so i prefer electric myself. but there are some benefits to gas like the instant heat and what not.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well I have electric right now, but my parents have gas. I like either one really, but gas seems to cook things more evenly, not to mention that when the power goes out, you can still light a gas stove with a match! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Gas range with electric oven.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Gas is so much better. We moved out the country and had to use electric (the whole house was electric) and it was awful. I was so happy to get a gas stove again when we moved.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• gas i wish i had a gas stove
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• it's a personal preference..I have had both and i like them for different reasons.My mom had electric and my daughter has it too.. so i am for eather one. My hubbie loves the gas one .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It is a personal preference but in my professional opinion I prefer to cook with gas all the way around.Before I was a cook I had electric for only short time I hated it and I made my dh put in gas. Gas cooks evenly, you can control the temp better.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010