How many of you are unemployed, but not by choice?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was laid off from a full time job I held for 3 years. I have been looking for something new but with no luck.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was demoted from a position I held for 2 years with a company I had worked for for 7 1/2 years. I quit or it and have had part-time jobs every since and in April, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and have been in treatment ever since.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• the salon i was working for closed. and not that im prgo i cant work around that stuff so i haven't been looking for anything else
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My unemployment was definitely not by choice. I was working for a phone book publisher for the last 5 years, but the job I was doing was eliminated stateside (translation: sent overseas) & our office was closed. I'm not looking for anything right now, just enjoying some time with my kids before they go back to school.
    fosternpa

Answer by fosternpa at 6:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• been looking for work for 4 months. have interview tomorrow.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My DH, 2 of his sisters, and their husbands, one sister in law, one nephew was until just about a month ago he finally found another job after about 18 months of looking, also about 2 dozen of our neighbors and friends - at least one if not both spouses laid off. Course, we are Obama's poster child for unemployment, MSNBC even runs an entire series on us as a reflection of U/E in the US.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My DH job just keeps making cuts trying to at least keep people in a job. Which we are grateful for. They cut per Diem for far drives (my hubby drives two hrs to work and 2 hrs back everyday) and they cut rate of pay too. They will make more cuts but are trying to keep layoffs as low as they can.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am employed
    Nicoju2

Answer by Nicoju2 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have been looking 4 a job since i was 16 and i'm 18 now.
    babygirl581

Answer by babygirl581 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hubby and I were laid off for about a year when both our companies we worked for went out of business....both working now

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010