I dont feel horny anymore...WTF adult content

I just...don't have that "spark" anymore. Once SO and I are into it everything is fine. But I don't have the "urge" that I want to have sex or masterbate.... things seemed to change when I had my baby. SO initiates everything all the time. I just go with it to make him happy and it's all good once we start. have real orgasms and my seratonin is very high afterwards. I miss initiating. I just don't anymore. Kinda like...I don't want to. I am on ortho tri cycline, I am a bit stressed at times but stress has never stopped my sexual drive in the past and I have been under worse stress in the past.... I have a dr. appt later this month, but until then...any advice?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• How old is baby?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Practice makes perfect.

That's why relationships are hard work...loving someone, or even being totally attracted to them sometimes isn't enough.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It might be the bc... that is good you have a dr appt.... I wish you the best of luck!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• bump
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• 27 months old.

upsherises...I think it's a medical thing personally. I dont have the urge to initiate...I'd rather crochet or watch tv lol. I dont have the urge to drop what I'm doing and run to the bedroom with SO, something I wouldnt think twice about in the past....
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have heard about the bc being a possible reason. I have a colposcopy so I wonder if many something is "wrong down there" too.....I dunno....at least I get to see a doctor and can ask for some advice! maybe I can get a new bc. I'm on ortho tri cyclene because I have always used it and it helps my skin.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I definetley had that problem. It was a long time ago so i didn't think of it right away but i'll bet it's the bc.

I got the copper IUD and haven't had that problem in almost 5 years.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Finding a good birth control pill is tough but there are so many hormonal side issues going on that we take as normal. Could be just that you're tired, could be the pill or chemical change since the baby, could be so many things, talk to your doc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have that same problem and no BC for me. I jus haven't wante it in over 8 yrs. I have talked to my dr but maybe since you are younger you can ask about your hormone levels at the next appointment.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ortho kills my desire too but Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo does not. Maybe switching to a low hormone pill will help you out. I would just mention this to your doctor and see what they think as well. :) Good luck!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010