when will i need maternity tees?

i read that i should just start buying normal bigger tee til like 20 weeks,
but i'm (cross fingers) upcylceing snd hand store tees.
so on the avg when i'm i gonna need to start wearing them,
i wanna get a jump start so i dont wake up and fit in to nothing!
i know every diff, but what would you say is the avg week

frankye

Asked by frankye at 6:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• You might be able to get away with bigger normal t-shirts until 6 or 7 months. I know I did, but at about 7 months I needed maternity shirt for my big belly!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I started buying them when my clothes started feeling tight around the belly. also to avoid the peek a boo belly thing.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• With my first child I was wearing my regular T-shirts until about seven months, then I had to switch to my husband's T-shirts. Which are bigger. With my second child I had to wear my husband's shirts from about 4-5 months, since I still had the weight from the first pregnancy. I would go ahead and start buying them and when you need them you'll have them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• depends on you
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I started wearing them around 20 wks (a few before that) but I really prefer having on looser clothing so that's just me... now that I'm 28 wks I don't really have any choice but to wear maternity unless I put on an XL and then it just looks silly because it fits my belly but is loose on top haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• usually aroudn your 6 or 7 month but make sure you dont wait until 7 months because after that it just grows and grows and grows and i mean it grows out of no where lol
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i went from a stick to a whale on my 5th month. i'd say start bout your 2nd or 3rd month. you dont wanna be like me and have to wear dresses...I had to pee a lot so dresses worked better for me.congrads
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010