Anyone ever used Hot Shot Fogger for roaches before?

I just moved to a new area and I have come across one too many roaches in our new house so, fogging the place is a must. I bought Hot Shot Fogger5 that is in a green box and is for roaches, fleas, ants, waterbugs and crickets. When reading the directions on the back, it says that I need to turn off my refridgerator??? I have never heard of that before, just wondering if anyone else has done that. I just feel funnny leaving my fridge off for a few hours while the bug bombs are doing their thing!

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You should unplug the frig because some of the foggers are a fire hazard.

What I used (after years of trying to eliminate roaches) was the hot shot liquid roach bait. The stuff is awesome. It comes in little containers that you can put anywhere (as long as kids can't get to them) including in your cupboards. I haven't had roaches since.

http://www.hotshotbrand.com/ProductCategories/IndoorInsecticides/UltraLiquidRoach/

The foggers only kill the ones inside your home. The ones between the walls, under the floors, at the back of the closet or drawer you didn't empty ... well, those just wait for the air to clear and move into the house. It's a never ending cycle. The best thing about the liquid is it makes the dead ones appealing to the rest, and they eat them and die too ...

I can't recommend the liquid enough!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• that is kinda funny. maybe it has something to do with being a fire hazard?
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• nope, never had that problem, good luck
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We recently went and picked up some family items from someone who had died and they had a ton of roaches where they are and we transported them back home with us. We put more foggers out then necessary and low and behold they came back. Luckily we only seen about 8 more after that but had me calling the extrimator. He said the foggers really don'twork like they should and just hit the hot areas. They like heat and your refigerator is a huge sorce of heat. So I can see where turning off the frig would be acceptable. I wish you luck in this conqest. I did the best I could then called in the PROS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010