• In the Spotlight:

Juices?

the DR said i could start juices and he said only 4 ounces a day but i need to dilute it....so how many ounces of juice to how many ounces of water? does that mean 4 ounces of the juice a day or 4 ounces of the diluted juice a day??

maddoxsmommy605

Asked by maddoxsmommy605 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he meant 4oz of diluted juice a day. For my kids I used to do 2oz water and 2oz juice. I would suggest calling the doctor and asking him or his nurse to be sure.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i started my son on juice when he was about 4 months which is before recomended time but i would give him like 3 parts water to 1 part juice... but everyone says thats too much water... but my son can handle it, and by 5 months he was getting 2oz water to 1/2 oz juice 1-2 times a day... and hes 9 months now and drinks 3:3 juices like 2-3 times day
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• 1/2 and 1/2.

and yes that is no more that 4 oz of actually juice
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008