Should I just not tell him.... Help

The scenario: Pregnant by boyfriend (long distance relationship). He does not want a child yet and actually I go pregnant once before and he did not take it well AT ALL. The end result was a miscarriage, so he got his wish I guess. This time around knowing how he will probably take it and what he will say/do, should I just sever all ties and not tell him anything? I am not in a situation where I need him financially to raise the child so that's not a factor. I don't want to rob him of the chance to be in this child's life, but honestly I feel like I know what the outcomes will be and I am more scared of telling him and facing his anger than going at this along as a secret... Help

Yes I have been on birth control and yes, he is so adament that I don't miss it that he calls the same time every day to remind me to take it. He knows it is not 100 % but still doesnt use condoms or pull out meth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Telling him is a must ! Not for him but for yourself. Secrets have a way of eating away at your life, happiness and security. If he wants no part of the baby, make certain you have a legal piece of paper saying he's given up ALL parental rights. You can get it done on the internet for the price of paper and a public notary.
    josts

Answer by josts at 6:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• let him know, because he is the father. and then tell him he can choose to be apart of the Childs life,or he can keep it moving. GL and congrats
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 6:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Wow, I am surprised. I was on the pill for 17 years and didn't get pregnant. That said, if you really don't need him, tell him but explain you'll be the responsible one and he can bow out and sign away his parental rights. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I say tell him.
    think of it this way,
    If you keep it a secret, and sever all ties, it'd be the same as if you told him and he got mad, so you leave him.
    a) tell him, give him a chance, if he is the same, leave him.
    b) sever all ties without him knowing, still, leaving him.
    Either was, it ends in leaving him.
    But at least there is a slight chance he'll be happy later on if he knows.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 6:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would tell him but give him a choice.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He has a right to know. Period.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i would wait to tell him to you are a little further along. and if if starts talking the way he was then you dont need him good luck
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If your afraid of his anger and what he might do then dont tell him.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 6:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I had the same problem.
    my ex and i were long distance,
    I got pregnant, decided I'm keeping my baby,
    told him my decision,
    And told him I was just telling him because I thought he should know he'd have a kid, and I dont care what he does because I made up my mind lol
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 6:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would tell him he know what the risk are if he didn't want a baby he should use a condom or don't have sex. You did your part by taking the pills it's not like you set him up or anything he was a willing to do the do lol. Good luck!!
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010