Why have I become so lazy about taking care of myself?

I'm 49 and know I need to get off the couch and exercise and change my bad habits but don't seem to care enough to do so and don't have the gumption to do it. I'd rather read, watch tv and do nothing!

josts

Asked by josts at 6:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• You already know the answer. Unless you're depressed you're probably just lazy.

Start small. Walk around the block every saturday. You'll realize that it feels good to use your body and hopefully that will get you off the couch more often.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i feel the same way
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• what ive learned as a personal trainer is this... knowledge is power..... once you are educated you have the power to decrease your chances of failure.... but you still need the DESIRE before you can gain the knowledge.

if you don't have it you wont change (which is why over 50% of americans are obese)

as i always tell my clients...

YOU CAN PAY A MONTHLY GYM MEMBERSHIP... BUT YOU WONT SEE SHIT CHANGE TILL YOU ACTUALLY PUT IN THE WORK
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 6:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was in the same boat. Then I started having health problems from not exercising and eating the wrong foods. I had chest pains to get me motivated, hope you can find inspiration before it gets that far!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• stop giving yourself the option of not doing anything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• get someone to motivate you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Wow you sound like me! I need to motivate and get my lazy butt going to!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010