• In the Spotlight:

Obama's support of Odinga in Kenya

I don't need bashing or called foul names--I am just wondering why women support Obama when he supported Odinga--who promised to allow Sharia Law if elected. This is all factual--I am not bashing--I just can't believe people would still support him because of this. Look into his Kenyan ties--do you still support him in spite of these? I oppose him based on facts--not feeling. Today on the news it was said how poplular he is in Kenya.......

Ronnie80

Asked by Ronnie80 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • BECAUSE HIS FATHER IS FROM KENYA!!!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Where did you get your information?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• He's half Kenyan. What's the big deal?
    bestmomIcanbe

Answer by bestmomIcanbe at 11:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You say it is all factual, yet you provide no proof. This is what I found out.
    Raila Odinga (who is an Anglican), sign a peace treaty with the Muslims of Kenya. In Kenya, the Muslims are allow to practice Sharia Law but, it is not a government sanctioned practice. There is no actual connection between Obama and Odinga with the exception of Obama's father and Odinga's mother belonging to the same large tribe.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• YEah it was either his father or mother I can't remember, but does that even matter? JEEZE!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• exactly, his father was from kenya who grew up raising goats with his father who was a domestic servant to the britsh, his father won a scholarship that allowed his to pursue his dreams in america...his father went to the East-West Center of the University of Hawaii at Manoa (where he met barack's mother). in which then he went to harvard and studied PHD so he could go back to Kenya with the knowledge he had gained...
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think people are going to support him no matter what. He promises to get soldiers out of Iraq all that is all people hear, he has a healthcare plan but no one realizes how much its going to come out of there paychecks, he wants to impose more taxes on people even if it is for certain people that make more than so much money. He promises CHANGE like every other presidential candidate but, doesn't say at what cost. All I can say is thank god he can't do much w/o congresses approval and thank god for the Born Alive Act. And hopefully in four years people will have there heads on straight.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• AWWWW, it is really cute the McCain camp is looking like idiots by posting these things over and over and over and over and over and over.

How about this - you go read up on McCains & Obamas health care plan and get back to me and we can have a real conversation about issues that matter to the country.

And she was never heard from again.....
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 12:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I looked for the facts in your question and couldn't find them. Where did you find that he supported Odinga? His father is from Kenya, hence his Kenyan ties. What else ya got?
    annabethsmommy

Answer by annabethsmommy at 12:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• this is just nuts.. what's next? obama's name begins with an 'o' and so does ogre so now obama is the mythical creature, an ogre?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008