gas & the dentist

This is the first time, I have to bring one of my children to a specialist. Its the dentist, just for one cavity, they plan on using gas, what can I expect...will i be ok? will the affects last long? is there any danger?

jennient3

Asked by jennient3 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It wont be hard, they will put a mask on your childs nose and after a few minutes the child will feel kinda loopy then they just go in a do what they have to do. The effects of the gas usually wear off pretty fast, my doctor said she would be fine in 30 minutes with now lingering effect, she was fine before we even got to the car just kinda tired. Really its no big deal, my daughter was 3 when she had gas the first time we joked that she looked like an alien, I took sunglasses with me so she didn't have to worry about the light in her eyes and I sat at her feet the whole time. Good luck and its really no big deal.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 7:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My daughter was 3 when she had the gas. They gave her strawberry gas lol. They would only let one parent in so my hubby went with her. She was fine by the time she came back to the waiting room.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010