I have a love, hate relationship with my wood floors. How does dust and dirt get in so fast?

I sweep twice a day in some rooms, everyone takes their shoes off and our windows are hardly ever open what's going on?

josts

Asked by josts at 6:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have hardwood throughout. My new dust buster has changed me life. We have a dog and car so hair would clump up along all the base boards and stuff so fast.

Now, everyday, 4y DS runs the dust buster along all the base boards to "soak up" the hair. It's so much cleaner.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Instead of sweeping, try Swiffer-ing. It picks up the dirt much better than sweeping.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Maybe check the filters for your ac/ air system. If the filters need changing or cleaning that can create a lot of dust.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Clean your air conditioner filter. No, seriously. It is just recycling the dust you sweep and putting it right back on. Plus, it will help your electric bill.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think it comes in with the cats and dogs if it's anything like here.My filters are clean I use a swifer, the shoes are off at the door yet there is still the dirt. SoI blame it on opening the dors to go in and out and the dogs in and out.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have hardwood and tile. I have an electric broom similar to a dust buster. I swear by it now. I thought it was a waste of 20 bucks when he brought it home. I use that about 3-4 times a week and it totally helps and is way quicker than sweeping.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010