Could it be twins?

I am currently 16wks prego. I got a positive screen for neural tube defects(highAFP) and will have a 4D ultrasound and amnio in two days to test further. Three things that I know of can cause these results: neural tube defect, multiples, or further along than expected. Well, I just checked the baby's heartbeat with my doppler fetal heart monitor and got two heartbeats! One was 130, the other(2" over) 156. I checked my own heartrate to be certain, and it was 77. My father was a twin and I was on birth control when I became pregnant. Everyone says my belly looks further along than 16wks, and I am a petite woman. I am 27 yrs old. Any thoughts??? Am I going crazy because of the test results? HELP!!!

orgen411

Asked by orgen411 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to say and I know waiting is hard. Good luck with your ultrasound and test.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• they heard two heart beats on me but could only find one baby at the ultra.. the next day i bled badly and they did another ultra and heart check and said i was carrying twins but must have misscarried one =[ you have to go by the ultra but i hope u have better luck than me!
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 8:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010