Why do we loose our breast mass first when loosing weight?

I've lost 15 lbs and I think most has come from my breast. I used to be a full D and now I'm a C cup. I like my breast and I still need to loose 45 lbs, does that mean I'll be flat chested by then?

josts

Asked by josts at 7:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I love that fact. If you are at all heavy, having larger breasts makes you look even bigger. I hate that. When I gain weight, that's the first place I gain it. It's also the first place I lose it. I would love to be able to wear a little t shirt like I used to.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• because our boobs are sacks of glands and fat ;o) LOL

IDK really though, When I lose weight, it's never from my boobs, it comes from my face and arms first, then tummy. Of course all I really want to lose is my thighs and butt! go figure
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We lose it because breasts are all fat. The more fat we have, the more in our chest. I doubt you will end up flat chested.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think it just depends on how much of your breasts are fat, and how much is lipids. Mine are mainly lipids, my doc told me during an exam. The more fat you lose the more you get down to your natural size breast. Some women have naturally big boobs even when thin.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• and yes lipids are like fat but are different. for instance, your lips on your mouth is made of lipids...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It is one of life's real cruelties.

:p

It totally sucks!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Wow I wish I could answer that, but I can't because I'm a DDD and I haven't lost any of my boobs yet (I've lost about 30lb since this time last year). I have heard that you lose weight in the opposite order you put it on, though. So if that was the last to grow, it's the first to go. Sorry if I'm not help.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• OH I WISH!!!!!!!!!!! That is the last place I lose from!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Ive lost 10lbs so far and my boobs have already shrank, so sad :(
    PookieMama13

Answer by PookieMama13 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• im nursing its trippy to see them empty than fill up later
    mamatiff06

Answer by mamatiff06 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010