schedule, schedule, schedule!

my DD is 4 months...how do i go about starting a schedule

maddoxsmommy605

Asked by maddoxsmommy605 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I run home daycare and i fidn it pretty easy to put infants on schedules.. The only thing is that they eat on demand.. i say start a routine with bed time, bath time and once you start feeding them jar food make that a routine and go from there. At a young infants age they pretty much just sleep and drink their bottles. As they go into eating from a spoon is where i turn the schedule into what i want ... and eventually i get there. I watch a 9month old and 1year old and i have their naps at the same time evry day and their meals at teh same time and snacks at the same time and it works so nicely.. Start with bath and bed time and go ffrom there.. it will fall into place at least it did for me..Good Luck
    cnruiz917

Answer by cnruiz917 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• well before you start it write down everything she does for 2-3 days... and go from there, that way youll know ok she wakes up at 7am gets dressed and fed by 8, play for a few gets hungry then sleeps, wake up and get some food, and play some more... at this age all the really do is eat sleep and play so just make sure she takes 2-3 naps at the same time everyday and take a bath at the same time everyday, the time she goes to bed at night depends on how much she did in the day!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• At around 4 months and up, it's typically easier to get your baby on a schedule. Try to be flexible yet predictable with a routine. But it's usually not until about the 40th week - 10 months - that your baby is more in-tune with a 24-hour day. Some babies are different and nap, eat, and sleep great. Just try and keep your daughter's schedule predictable because babies like that. Try to keep her nap times, feedings, bed-time at the same time every day. You may have to do trial and error with what works best for her. When she's tired - look for the signs so you can try and lay her down for a nap. (Rubbing her eyes, yawning, decrease in playing). Once you start doing this daily, things will fall into place and times will start to match-up.
    cjkoret8581

Answer by cjkoret8581 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Schedules are for buses, not babies. You can do ROUTINES, but be ready to throw them out the window when needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my daughter was on one by then.... just start doing the same things at the same times each day. the main points are feedings, naps, and bedtime.

to see mine: go to my page here. and i copied it on my myspace journals... so look for that widget and scroll through them. I ran a preschool for years and have done massive research on babies birth-5 yrs, so msg me if you have any q's!! good luck.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• read the book babywise
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008