Need your help moms?!?!?!?!

So I think I my 2 year old son has streep, Were going to take him to the doc tomorrow but what can I do to help him now. He won't eat, He won't drink, he screams anytime we try to get him to do either. We tried ice cream he got two bits down, started screaming crying and would eat anymore. I don't know how to help him. I have givin him medicine for his high fever and the pain but I'm drawing a blank. Please help me, what I can do for him

littlefee89

Asked by littlefee89 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• call the dr...they should have a 24 hour line...but when my son was sick we had to give him only what he wanted as long as he was still peeing they said he would be fine until we got to the drs office...and only clear liquids and nothing too solid
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My daughter gets strep all the time. Often with kids when they have strep they have bad tummy aches so that may be why he's not eating much. They also get headaches with it.
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 7:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If he is that sick take him to the er, if you think he can not make it until Monday.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Try jello or popsicles. Also tylenol. Strep is rough because their throat hurts and their tummy hurts so they really don't want much. Hope he feels better and I know the ER stinks but if they can get him started on antibiotics it would help.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Called the Dr....they think it maybe Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). Anyone how how bad this is going to get? I read about on the internet and it doesn't look like it's going to be a good week
    littlefee89

Comment by littlefee89 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• have you given maybe tylenol/motrin for the pain if it is strep? I don't know anything about HFMD but my son had strep and couldn't even drink let alone eat anything, I was able to get ice cream he'd take but I had to force the first bite plus it gave him calories that he needed.. also you can try a shake or gatorade with ice in the blender - calories also in that and ice will help numb the throat.. I know its hard to get a toddler to eat when they don't want to or drink... good luck mommy.. ugh... hugs
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010