dinning room ideas.

our dinning is bare. don't have nothing for it. I just need some ideas to get me started on decorating it, themes what nots.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Ours is an Asian theme. I have a Japanese painting, and some Asian style watercolors.

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i like the blue and white stuff
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Do you want a traditional dining room? We have a buffet, a china cabinet, a dining table and a barrel cabinet. There is a large mirror over the buffet and a Monet print over the barrel cabinet. We have custom valances with sheers at the 2 windows and a Waverly wallpaper above the chair rail and paint below with crown molding. It is very formal. You can mix your woods if you like. I love cherry and mahogany woods. Nice architectural prints of columns or historical buildings are nice. Botanical prints are pretty in a dining room. I love a deep green with white trim on the walls.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What style do you prefer? What mood or feel are you going for? Do you have a jumping off point, an inspiration piece to get you started?

I just finished doing my dining room. I have a rustic/casual, semi-formal but comfy, french-flavored room ... consists of a refectory dining table, louis XVI chairs, a wrought iron chandelier, an antique french armoire with glass doors, an iron console table, and a large sunburst mirror. I have a huge window dressed fairly simply and an aubusson rug.

Have fun with it, whatever you decide to do!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My whole house is country! Gingham, and homemeade candles, and very old art! I love it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010