Menage a trois: Can it work?

A menage a trois is defined as a relationship (usually sexual) between three people. It literally translates to "Household of three". If anyone has ever been in one, did it work? Did one party get jealous? Did it ruin relationships between the main couple? Did it strengthen it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I can tell you that a friend of mine had one with her husband and he actually left her for the other girl. They began having an a threesome and after a few times he and the other woman started getting together outside of the threesome. My friend was heartbroken when she found out and they just got divorced recently. My advice is that it should stay between you and your partner if you want to spice it up use toys etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Sure.. it can work. Depends totaly on the situation. I wouldn't do it within my marriage..absolutely not. But I've done it before.
    Anonymous

• I'd like to add that this is a M-F-M situation.
    Anonymous

• I have to say that bringing a third into your relationship is definitely a bad idea. Threesomes are best left for casual sexual encounters with people you are not in a relationship with. If you really love your man, and don't want to make waves in your relationship I suggest using toys along with some imagination.

Stephalpha

Answer by Stephalpha at 1:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• im having a similar issue...mine if M-F-F though and the problem is not that we want to be a "household" but the fact that the other F has feelings for the M which he and I already discussed getting into a real relationship just the 2 of us. He doesnt want to lose her as a friend but wont make better decisions to make me feel better about our relationship...so far it has been way too much drama and i'm about ready to wash my hands of it all the more I think about it, so just be careful and dont let it get out of hand
    Anonymous

• been there-done that and trust me it will ruin your relationship-whether or not is it mmf or ffm it always leaves questions in your mind like does he wish he were with her all the time or do I seem like I am enjoying it with the other man more than him---it is fun but only do this if you are NOT in a committed relationship
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. It was very fun and as long as you have an awesome relationship and you have full trust, it stays just fun! One thing I do believe is that it has to be a stranger, picked by the same sex... For example, another girl, I would pick her. Good luck, have fun! :)
    Anonymous