how can they do this to us and my kids adult content

my mil recently got divorced and is now back with her first ex husband (6 months back together) well for a year she has been telling me and my husband that she will take us to california but the week before she has to leave she decieds to take her new boyfriend and sister instead of me and my kids...she promised them mickey mouses house and now she is back in town and has yet to stop talking about it and rubbing it in our faces that we didnt go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• that is sad. i would be pissed
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 7:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• How is this TMI
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• She should not even be talking about it. If she promised you and did not do it she should just apologoize and not mention it again.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm so sorry. Ask your DH to tell her to stop talking about it. Don't know the kids' ages, but I assume you have done your best to ease their hurt feelings. Unbelievable.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• How sad! Poor children. I never talked up gifts (including gift trips) with my children, until they actually happened, this way they wouldn't be disappointed. Save your money and maybe some day you can take them. And I wouldn't count on big gifts from her again.

Answer by Bmat at 7:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Your MIL is acting very selfishly, and she is obviously not reliable or trustworthy! I would show her just how selfish YOU can be, by denying her visitation with you and your children! She has every right to enjoy her life with her former ex-husband (sounds kinda funny!), but tell her to not make promises she has no intention of following through on. When she's ready to honor her promises, she can look you up. I also wouldn't go telling the children anything about her promises until you are actually en route to your destination!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would tell her how much she hurted my kids by lying to thm.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Forgive me momma I am about to cut a blue streak across this page we had a relative like this and she would laugh at us my mom and dad would say oh well next time. I would take her to the side and say man up or bitch out you either apologize or do not come back telling these kids they were going and pulling it back at the last minute is cruel and stick with it. Tell her the truth and do not be kind about it after ask her to leave and tell her until she apologizes for lying not to come back. Your kids have learned a valuable lesson but do not invite it back  into the house. Tell them like my parents told us believe none of what she says only half of what she shows them. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Wow, I'd be pissed and hurt, too. And she wouldn't see my kids for a looong time. It was her money, and she has the right to change her mind and all, but she doesn't have the right to play on her grandkids feelings like that, promise them something and then not do it. Then to rub it in their faces that she didn't take them? She wouldn't be welcome in our home, MIL or not. She's your MIL, not your husband, and not your kids. What does your husband say about it?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Kindly mention to her, that it is rude of her to break her promise to the kids, and you would appreciate it if she would stop mentioning it around them.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 7:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010