Boys, When will you talk

How old was your son when when you could finally understand him?

mamahertz

Asked by mamahertz at 7:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son just turned six and OTHERS still have trouble catching some things, i'd like to think we always had an understanding yet i would say around 3 yrs when he started preschool.
    mariposalee

Answer by mariposalee at 7:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My son will be three in a week and we are still trying to figure it out...he gets speech 3x week tho
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my boy is 4 and you still can't understand what he says especially when he gets excited or mad
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My son is 21 months and I understand a lot of what he says. Sometimes when he gets really excited I only catch every 3rd or 4th word, but most of the time I get enough to know what he wants. Others can understand about 50% of what he says.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my son went from nothing to everything.. just like every stage and phase for him though - he was still maybe 1/2 words around 16 months that really only my and my husband could understand then at 19 months he started 2 word sentances.. then the next day 3 word and by the end of 2 weeks he was in total sentances.. it was a total night and day explosion to us... he turns 3 in Nov and only has one "toddler" word now that I am trying to keep cause its so adorable .... ( remember got ) which means remembered and forgot hahaah...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I could understand him and other people could around 3 years.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My husband and I and my in laws can understand what he is saying for most part and he is 19 months old of course he is putting words into full sentences just yet either. Others have a hard time knowing what he is saying sometimes
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We had a cousin, that was between three and four.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son is going to be 2 in just over a week and we still don't quite understand everything. He only recently started talking consistently and he's doing well, but sometimes we have to tell him "show me" and then we understand! My oldest son was a late talker too. Both of my boys didn't say anything for a long time, then they would copy words when you said them, but not on their own, and then into talking. It seems like my youngest is talking later, but he's still in the "range" so I'm not too worried. DD on the other hand - we understood what she had to say before she was 2....and now that she's 7 she never stops!! lol
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• al of mine were about 2
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010