There's a lot that are listed on baby lists as "must haves" that I never bothered with for DS and don't plan on using for the next kid either. I didn't see the point.
- Bouncer - the swing's great when they're having trouble sleeping, but I just don't see the point of the the bouncer.
- Crib - we co-sleep, so we don't need one. DS went straight into a twin bed when he was 1 and I plan to do the same next time.
- Changing table - they outgrow the thing in 30 seconds flat and you end up in the floor anyway, why not just start there? Plus we're doing infant potty training.
- Bottle warmer - I breastfeed, but work, so DS got bottles of pumped milk. We warmed the milk under the tap to room temperature and he seemed fine with it.
- Wipe warmer - if your baby doesn't like cold wipes, just rub it between your hands.
I see the reasoning behind some of these, but they're not the "must-haves" people make them out to be. Thoughts?
Answer by KJohnson4762 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by mariposalee at 7:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by lovmyhubby at 7:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by DMac08 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
pacifiesr- never used them
Answer by mommom2000 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by DMac08 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010