Flying with my LO's

I'll be flying from Washington to Georgia in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what I need to be prepared for. How does this processs work? What's going to happen at security and stuff? This is the first time I've flown and the lfight will be six hours long with "in flight services" I have no clue what that means. I'm kind of scared and really nervous so I'd like as much information as possible please. Oh my children will be 6 mos (EBF) and 2 yrs 3 mos when we fly.

GigantaursMommy

Asked by GigantaursMommy at 7:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Travel

• you have to take both of their birth certificates. check out the airlines website to figure out what you can bring. usually under the age of 2 kids don't need their own seat unless you want to use a car seat. to keep the older child occupied go to the dollar store and buy lots of little fun toys that can get lost of broken. pack a dvd player if you can.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 7:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• snacks are key, and entertain them. Going through security wil take you a few extra minuttes. You can bring juice/milk/formula/breastmilk for the kids, but they will test it. They just take a strip of paper and hold it over the open bottle/sippy any other liquids or gels (diapercream) follow the usual rule. Stroller for in the airport helps, but you will have to fold it up and send it thru the X-ray machine. Also security may have you step aside afer going thru the metal detector for a quick pat down. Please don't take offence, they are not singling you out. If you are lucky they will sleep during the flight, this helps alot. Otherwise, patience is key :0 Good luck!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 8:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I went on the internet and the Airline I wa taking gave me some info on what I could & couldn't take.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have never taken a birth certificate with me while traveling and frankly I would prefer to travel with as few important things as possible. I fly with my little ones quite a few times a year. Do you have a layover? When you first get there you have to chekin. Use your id and they will print boarding passes if you have not already and then check on your luggage. If you check on car seats they are free. For the little one I would either wear him/her or use a travel system. The stroller is great for storing things underneath. Through security you run your things through a scanner and you have to take you shoes off and scan them as well. Your little ones have to take their shoes off as well which can be a pain. Then when you are through security you find your gate and wait until theiy board you which is awhile before take off. You will be fine. Snacks are great!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• arrive early and be prepared for random checks and plenty snacks and activities for the kids..gl enjoy..
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010