Family visiting

I have some family, coming to visit. specifically my grandma, cousin, and he daughter. Me and my cousin were always pretty close even though we didn't get along. To this day we still clash. Well I am unsure how long they are coming, I want to say a week, but it might stretch to 2 ...eek :{ On top of that when She comes she will probably want to visit with my aunt, who I cut off, because of her drug usage, and my mom will of course let my aunt come over because their mom is in town. Otherwise they don't talk.

Well I don't even want to deal with them, I feel like a Bi!@# saying I'd rather not visit with them. My uncle will also be coming up, great uncle I should say, so really my moms uncle, and my mom is so fake around him. My and my sister just make fun of her the whole time because it's so fake, exactly what she always says she's not

OHHH the drammma..what do you do when you can see drama coming?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Forward and loud, sounds like my family. Maybe we're related.. lol I have learned to just embrace the drama while it's surrounds me and keep well stocked with alcohol.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I invest in a lot of alcohol and chocolate.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 7:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Are you sure we aren't related? When I go visit my family in Wyoming or Texas I don't tell anyone I'm coming....just the ones I like and then it's usually, "Hey I'm in town wanna go out to lunch or spend the day, then when other know Im in town I leave and go visit those I like. Never do I allow anyone I don't like into my home, family or friend.
    josts

Answer by josts at 8:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• duck and cover..... and pray. Sounds like a complicated situation. Sorry to hear things are so bad for your family. With me, i dont stand up to people, so i just shut my mouth and live with whatever happens... but if you really feel this way, then talk to them and let them know you arent comfortable with whats going on. Ask them not to come or to find somewhere else to stay. you have the right to be comfortable in your own home... just be nice about it to avoid them attacking you on the matter. Goodluck.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 8:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Find a reason to go out of town!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They aren't going to my home I hope. Just my moms but I go over there all the time and if I don't go over to visit they will show up at my door step. They are very FORWARD type of people, and loud.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If they want to visit people you don't they can go to them. Extended family visits are brutal enough. My mother in law pulls that (and she only lives 30 min from us). Finally I told her she can visit all the peple she wants, but not invite them over and not use our home phone (she has a cell). We get all kinds of people wanting to get a hold of her and leaving messages for her at our house because they think she lives here. When my parents come visit (the live several hours away and only come once in a while) they go visit who they want and don't rack up a huge phone bill for us. She can do the same or stay home. Oh, I and I agree with PP - I only drink when she comes to visit.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• wish u luck wth the vist
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010