Has anyone gone to school for Dental Assisting?

Next monday I will be starting a red cross course for dental assisting and it takes 7 monts to complete. Someone told me that their mom went through it and they started with 20 ppl and only ended with 6. That a lot of people thought it was too hard and dropped out. So for those of you who took the course did you find it difficult to get through? Did u have kids when you went through it? Just curiouse cuz when I come home after class i have a 4 yr old son that is home with me without his dad because he works at night and so i just wondered if having a child made it more diffucult to get through..??

mrcameronsmom

Asked by mrcameronsmom at 7:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• GL with this! I am not sure so here is a bump! <3
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• it's a certification course, i would go for something that has a degree.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my friend did it and she's a single mom...im sure you will have your days but all will be well...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I went through a dental asst. course 20 years ago, it is not hard. The problem is with dental asst. and dental hygiene these women see dollar signs and have never worked in dentistry before and then get freaked out when it starts. Go through the course and get your certification, you can make really good money plus if it comes down to you and someone else that has never had professional training, they will take you. Good Luck. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Thanks lapcounter! I do have another question for you, what kind of shoes do you reccomend getting that arent expensive. I was told I had to have like leather sneakers or clogs but not sure where I should go to look for them..
    mrcameronsmom

Comment by mrcameronsmom (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I usually wore Nike Shocks, for the simple fact that they were comfortable and in some situations you might have to stand to to a procedure. I would not do clogs.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010