Pot Roast in Slow Cooker Recipe?

I have never made a Pot Roast in the Crock Pot. Does anyone know some fantastic recipe for one with NO mushrooms or water chestnuts. Thanks ladies:)

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 8:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just throw the roast in with some quartered potatoes, cut carrots, celery and onion. Add just enough water to cover and let it cook. You can add salt and pepper to taste. I dont like to go overboard with sodium and seasonings though.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Cut up and peel onions, carrots and potatoes. Brown a roast in a saute pan on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Put it all in the crockpot with a little water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Slow Cooker Pot Roast
    Ingredients
    4 pounds chuck roast
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 packet dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3 carrots, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 stalk celery, chopped

Directions
    1.Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.
    2.Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
    3.Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ^^ This. It is EXACTLY what we do, except I will use red wine or beef broth in place of water. Browing the piece of meat on all sides before putting in the crock pot makes such a huge difference. Totally worth the extra 10 minutes of effort. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There is a crockpot group here on Cafemom. Look at the groups list. I do my pot roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots and beef broth. My crockpot gets very hot so I can do mine on slow for 4-5 hours. Then I thicken broth with a little flour mixed with water.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I get a packet of Slow Cooker pot roast spices at the store. McCormic makes it. Then I pill an onion and cut it up. Then add baby carrots and potatoes (cubed). Put some water in there and cover for 6 hours on low.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I got this one on CM. Instead of the mushroom gravy mix you can use beef:

Crock Pot Roast
    1 beef chuck shoulder roast (3 to 4 lbs)
    1 pkg (1 oz) dry onion soup mix
    1 pkg (1 oz) mushroom gravy mix
    1 pkg (1 oz) au jus gravy mix
    3 cups water
    6 pototoes - cut up
    2 lb baby carrots
    Put roast in slow cooker. Add potatoes and carrots.Combine soup and gravy mixes and water. Pour over roast. Cook on low 6 - 7 hours.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oh... that was meant for the first response. Thats the one that is exactly what I do. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Slow Cooker Recipe
    1 pot roast
    1 pkg brown gravy mix
    cut up carrots and potatoes
    salt and pepper roast or season salt
    put raost into crock pot put water into pot add the brown gravy mix with a bit of water pour all over inside crock pot, add potatoes and carrots and cook on low.
    My dh loves this he never liked roast before we don'tlike onions but if you do you could add them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• oh yeah I have never browned mine either
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010