Should I un-invite them?

We are having a wedding party this month, like a wedding except we eloped first so there is no need with all of the traditions. Well it's a party and we are throwing a pretty penny into this. We have already been married a year and decided our anniversary will be the party day.

It's a cocktail style party. So if you could imagine the ca$h put up for this. Well anyway, my hubby invited some family after being guilted by his grandma into doing so. PEOPLE PLEASER is what my hubby is ...grrrrrrr anyway

Well the select family members and I don't get along at all. I don't want my night ruined ya know? I also kringe at the thought of them drinking my liquor and eating my food, which I am making myself.

Should I un-invite them? ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• It's still family and the day isn't entirely about you, it's about your husband to. He would probably end up feeling like a jackass and have issues from his family if you did that. I personally would not. Set aside the drama for a night and let it be.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No do not unvite them. That would be terribly rude. Not a good way to start a relationship with the extended inlaws because even if other family members dont' like them, they still would think unviting them would be terribly rude.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Not a good way to begin a relationship. So I would say "No". Focus on your hubby and enjoy the party, you'll look better for it and please hubby.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Kill them with kindness, this makes you the better person.

This;

"I also kringe at the thought of them drinking my liquor and eating my food, which I am making myself"

Does not mare you the better person.

No, you should not un-invite them. Let them come. Un-inviting them will further any resentment they have for you. If you are going to be his wife, then you need to act maturely & treat them with respect, even if you don't like them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would make my hubby do it. He invited them knowing yall don't get along, he can take care of the univiting.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 8:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Uh, you kinda can't? If you hubby wants them there, and it's his family, you really can't. But you can talk with your hubby, set up some guidelines on what you can actually deal with. It's his day, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No, don't uninvite them. Be gracious. If you univite them you'll only make yourself look worse in their eyes and everyone else's.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Absolutely not. That's terribly rude and tacky. Be mature and be gracious.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You're in a screwed position. To uninvite means lots of bad feelings and repercussions for years to come. Your husband invited them under pressure. If he uninvites them it will probably be blamed on you for a long time to come. I would let them show up. Warn your huisband if they start trouble they will be told to leave. If they start trouble whether or not you ask them to leave you have good, sound reason for never inviting them again. Sorry you have to deal with 'family' like that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• NO!!! Don't uninvite them. You and your husband should have made the choice as to who will be there.You gave up that right when invitations went out to them. You didn't say how these people are related to your husband.
    josts

Answer by josts at 8:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010