BAD facial acne...but only around jaw neck under ear lobes and chin!

I'm having a problem with break outs, in the area's mentioned above! I can't seem to find anything to help it..and when I do wash my face, it seems like it makes me break out even more!! So I fear washing it morn and night. Is anyone else in there early 30's late 20's having the same problem?? Some times it's not just pimples and white heads, their like cysts or something. They get really big, and painful. I'm just trying to find someone with the same prob and what worked for them..as far as face washes and lotions to prevent my face from being dry. PLEASE HELP!!

aidansmyheart

Asked by aidansmyheart at 8:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I had adult acne for years and discovered that I can't drink orange juice. I switched to cranberry juice, and no more acne. My son found the same thing. I recommend going to a dermatologist- they'll figure out what is causing it and how to treat it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ew sounds like you need to go to the dermatologist. For the cysts there is little you can do but go to a doctor. GL!

http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If you wash your face too much your face will produce more oil. Maybe you are buying the wrong kind of soap or face wash. I don't use face wash all that often. Drinking water helps to clear skin up too. Helps to prevent break outs. Normally just warm water when I take a shower. Sometimes I put baby oil on my face .Like when I take my make-up off. Sorry that I'm not more help.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I did not have it on my face as much as my chest and back. Dermatology was the only thing that helped me. First they ran allergy tests and found I had allergies out the wazoo. Next I was given a medicated cream for the worst places. I wash with nothing but Dove for sensitive skin now, twice a day, oil free moisterizer after each wash. Never ever pick at your face, and wash your hand thoroghly before touching your face or neck. My sister had cyst like places in the same area as you discribe but it wasn't acne it was psuedo-folliculitis ( hairs that curl and become horribly ingrown and infected. My advise is first make an appointment.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, see a dermatologist. They can do amazing things for you. My insurance covered acne as a medical condtion. But something to think about int he mean time.... you might be having issues with your shampoo/conditioner since your problem areas are where the suds run down. Also, change your pillow case and sheets often. They can harbor acne bacteria.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010