Child therapist or psychologist?

What would it take for you to take your 3 yr old to a therapist or psychologist?
-I don't mean as in they were assaulted in any way, I mean for their behavior-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe a behavior therapist. It depends on the child.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• GL with this! I am not sure so here is a bump! <3
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It depends. What exactly is the 3 yr old doing? You may actually want to start with a developmental pediatrician, then see a neurologist. You could be dealing with something other than just behavior. Could be a learning disability, autism spectrum disorder, or even a nuerological problem.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would love to take my dd to one. I think it would be helpful for me. The therapist might have good suggestions on how to handle my daughter who is out of control!! (thanks in large part to MIL)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• A therapist can help with behavioral issues. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree with karamille. Your question is too open to say. But if my child was doing things that weren't developmentally appropriate for starters I would address it with the pediatrician and go from there as far as where to take them next, depending on if it is behavior, a developmental delay or disorder, or a possible disability (mental, physical, social).
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes if it was warranted. Therapists have a third party perspective that can get to the root of an issue.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Therapist
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010