Grrr. This is soo annoying & needs to change !

I am so tired that whenever I feel out forms ( like medical papers) ... and you have to put your relationship status... which you can basicaly only be married or single.... Iam pregnant with my 3rd child with my boyfriend.... he is an amazing man and we just havent got married yet.... I am sicka nd tired of filling out "single" on papers when i am not really single.... Everytime I have a child and fill papers out I dont want it to look like I am a single mom ... I am not SINGLE !!!

GRRRRRR....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How long have you been together? You are probabaly common law married if that exists in your state. If that's the case, mark married.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sorry, I figure if you've had time to have 3 kids with the man, it's about time to marry him. Or hasn't it gotten serious yet?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Single isn't a judgment, it has to do with insurance coverage. I think so, anyway. They don't care if you are living with someone or not.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• In your heart, no you're not... Unfortunately to the government you are until you say "I Do". <3

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They are asking the normal legal questions. Its not a judgment of how you live your life. Why don't you just marry him already. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• That can be frustrating. I know. I've been there before.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• And another reason to make it legal and get married: What if something serious happened to you? He would not have the right to make decisions about your medical care and the type of medical treatment you would recieve. They would go looking for a relative. Parent, sibling, etc...
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Then get married. Why complain about something you have 100% control over.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• "Sorry, I figure if you've had time to have 3 kids with the man, it's about time to marry him. Or hasn't it gotten serious yet?"

Not everyone wants to get married. My boyfriend and I have both had previous marriages and though we are together neither of us wants to get married. I gave in for my partner when I was 20 and instantly regretted it.(AND I am STILL paying his taxes to this day!) Marriage is great of that is what you want to do, but not everyone does.

What bothers me is when people assume that something is wrong in a relationship if the ultimate goal is not marriage. Marruage and weddings hold zero appeal for me.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It's a legal distinction and not a moral judgement. Legally you are either single, married or divorced.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 8:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010