Am i crazy for wanting another baby at 20?

my boyfriend and i both want more kids, he has an 8 yr old girl, from a different marriage and i have a 13 month old girl. we have been together for a while and i want to know other moms opinions on wether or not im crazy for wanting another baby at my age. any advice moms?

chubbygirlsmom

Asked by chubbygirlsmom at 11:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't think you're crazy. Just follow your heart and do what you feel is right! Your instincts are the best thing to follow. I'm starting to feel the "baby bug" again so who knows what will happen!
    autumns_mommy07

Answer by autumns_mommy07 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yes you are nuts!!!! haha wait till baby number one is at least 3... make she shes is passed the terrible twos and listens to you well!! she might listen now but once you get pregnant shes going to start getting to the age where you just want to die!!! just wait a little longer, dont rush things!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I dont think you're crazy. My Hubby and I had our first when I was 18 and our second after I just turned 20. This is the course of life I choose to take. I wanted to be a mom. (Not like irrartional 12 year olds want to be a mom lol) So no I do not think you're crazy.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I say if your in a stable relationship that you know will last then wait until your youngest is about 2 or 3 then have one. Your not crazy for wanting another baby....some women are just that way. I wanted kids to ( you know growing up wanting to be a mommy) but when I got married at 18....man I did it when I could....sorry..haha...but I wanted kids, had one...when she got to be 2 I said I want another one and then waited a little longer for my third, cause I was looking for a bigger house but I had her about two and half years after my second. It's your choice but make sure you know you can handle what comes your way. Your age really doesn't have anything to do with it...cause your young...wanna talk about crazy....I'm crazy...I am 40 and often think about having another one because all my kids left home.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It depends. Do you have the finances to support the additional child? Are you emotionally ready is he? If you can meet the needs of the children you have and one more then no you're not crazy. If you want something and know that you're not fully ready then yes you're.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2008