When did you begin to get the strong nesting urge?

I am now 34 weeks and have has this sudden overwhelming need to touch up paint, clean the oven, clean out closets, clean behind the couch and appliances, etc... I don't recall having this nearly as much as with my other babies. What has been your experience and timeline? Best wishes to you and your babies :)

littlebehr1

Asked by littlebehr1 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never had it, I am just naturally a clean freak =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I never had it either, I remember the day before I had my son I was mopping the floors and cleaning but it was truly not from nesting, it was because I knew it wouldn't be done for a while to my standards or the worlds standards after giving birth lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well, it's been many years ago, but not hard to remember. With my youngest I had no nesting urges at all. I was 36 weeks along with my oldest when my husband walked in from work...I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor with a figure 8 brush..LOL. Every few days he'd find me cleaning closets, organizing drawers, all kinds of stuff. My middle son I had no urges until 3 days before he was born.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I had it at 12 weeks - as soon as my morning sickness ended. (I painted my kitchen then).
    Then I had it probably around 36 weeks. I can't remember for each kid, but I definitely had it with my 1st.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 8:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It was different for me with each pregnancy...my last pregnancy i started nesting like a finatic 2 days b4 i went into labor. But with the first 3, i started nesting about one month b4 i gave birth.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I start around the same time too. I have my days though, mainly because of lack of sleep. but I've been nesting for about 4 weeks now and he still isnt here so dont get your hopes up!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sometime early in my third trimester I got it bad! I cleaned EVERYTHING and starting rearranging everything and setting up baby stuff. It lasted for like two weeks.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i started about a 2 weeks before my due date,a 3 weeks before i had my daughter (she was 4 days late,i was induced cus i wasnt goin into labor on my own). as it got closer to her due/delivery date, the nesting got worse and i got more fanitic about all of it, i started by settin up her room, and all her stuff, washin all her clothes, again, ect, then i went to excessive everyday cleanin, all the way to takin down the blinds and cleanin them,only to get new ones cus they werent clean enough, and excissive over cleanin of the entire house! this lasted up til the day that i was checked into the hospital, and i cleaned more than normal til she was about 1 old!
    paigeebugsmommy

Answer by paigeebugsmommy at 12:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I got it about 2 months before my due date. Got the whole house clean. And then it all went to pot when I had 5 weeks of prodromal labor.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010